The Commemoration Hall is a substantial stone building consisting of a large main hall, a new suite of toilets and a kitchen.
The building of Slaley Commemoration Hall was financed by Charles Samuel & Agnes Mona Hunting of Slaley Hall. It opened for business in December 1922, since then the people of Slaley Parish have used, repaired, and updated the facilities to make it one of the most attractive community buildings in Northumberland.
The Hall is the central community building in our parish and is used for many community activities, social events, and public meetings. Groups using the Commemoration Hall include the Women's Institute, the Slaley Show Society, the Film Club, History Group, Carpet Bowls Club, Badminton groups, Leek Club, Craft Group, Slaley and Healey Parish Councils, the Community Trust, Ladycross Nature Reserve, Friends of Slaley School, the Churches, Aerobics, Keep-fit for the Elderly, and others.