The Jubilee Hall is located in the centre of the pretty village of Newton on the Moor. It is made of locally quarried stone and was once part of an eighteenth century house. Sometime in the late 1800’s the second storey of the property was removed and the stone used to build the attached Jubilee Hall to celebrate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee. The hall was given to the village by the local land owner at that time, Shalcross Fitzherbert Widdrington, and is still owned today by his descendants. It is currently managed by a group of trustees, all resident within the village, and several ‘friends’ who are responsible for the upkeep, continual maintenance and fund raising activities that keep the hall alive. We are a registered charity (no. 1193440).
Newton on the Moor lies approximately 12 miles north of Morpeth and 5 miles south of Alnwick. It is moments from the A1.
The hall has a modern fully functioning kitchen, together with a large main hall with a stage. There is also a reading room, which is ideal for committee meetings or serving refreshments. Each space can be booked individually. There are two toilets within the lobby area, one of which is accessible for those with mobility problems. A flat gentle paved incline leads from the street to the wide entrance door. The main hall is on the same level as the lobby and toilets. A small ramp takes you into the Reading room and kitchen area.
We hold regular activities including carpet bowls, monthly coffee mornings and music events.
It is a friendly comfortable venue to hire for family celebrations, committee meetings and social events.