Creighton Memorial Hall in Embleton, Northumberland, is reputedly the largest village hall in the county. It is named after Mandell Creighton, who was vicar Embleton from 1875 to 1884, and later went on to become Bishop of London. It was opened by his widow Mrs Louise Creighton on 26th October1903. Originally built as a working men’s club, but surprisingly for the time, the Hall contained a Women's Room and a Billiard room plus a small library. Newspapers were sent to the Hall from nearby Howick Hall and Fallodon Hall and although 3 days old were avidly read in the Reading Room. The Women's Room was unusual in that it provided space for women to meet and form their own clubs.
Creighton Memorial Hall has been a registered charity since April 1964.